Are you all prep and ready for today? What's on your Thanksgiving menu?

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• prob going to get some chinese food for the kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I am not quite prepped yet but we don't eat til 430. So will get up around 830 in the morning, cook a big breakfast for us all, and then start cooking dinner immediately. Cornbread dressing will go in first, as it can be reheated later. After that, pumpkin pie will go in while eggs boil to make devilled eggs. once the pumpkin pie gets done, cake will go into the oven so it will have time to cool and be frosted. When the cake gets done, in goes the turkey along with yams. Once the yams are soft, I will mash them and mix with a little brown sugar and cloves and top with marshmallows in a casserole. When the turkey is almost done, the casserole will pop back in the oven along with the cornbread dressing. On the stove, I will be cooking mashed potatoes and corn. Once the turkey is done, rolls will go in the oven to heat, and everything will be done! hoping it will run like clockwork.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• How funny anon...I'm actually going to a chinese restaurant...it's a buffet and they are serving turkey. It will only be me and my dd so I didn't see a point in cooking a big dinner.
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I just had to boil some eggs to put in my spinach salad. We have a large family and all I had to sign up for was salad and sodas/juices.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• im going to talk to the chinese place up the street. i wasnt joking. My kids and i have no where to go. My plans got messed up tonight so im screwed and i want my kids to have something good anon:38
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• walk not talk to the chinese place lol oops
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• OoOooh everything sounds so yummy in your menu April!
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Oh I don't mean to make it seem you were joking anon :48....it's just funny how you and I have the same plan. =)
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• naah, I don't celebrate Turkey Day. However we are going to a relatives house (cant refuse the invite), and Im bringing my own vegetarian turkey "meat". Other than that I'm just looking forward to watching the Macy's Turkey Day parade.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Dh and I both have to work. So thanksgiving has been pushed back until Monday for us when we are both off :) So far I have turkey, broccoli salad, mashed potatoes, going to attempt yeast rolls, deviled eggs, and pumpkin pie.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009