With Mirena, when does the bleeding stop?

I got Mirena about a month ago and I havent stopped bleeding since. Nicolai is 3 months old and I was well over the birth bleeding before I got the Mirena.

How long until it stops?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 2:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Typically you will stop having periods by 6 months, though you may have breakthrough bleeding for about a year. (I've had mine for a year and a few months now, and my periods lightened up to almost nada by 4 months, and stopped completely by 6. I've only had 1 or 2 instances of breakthrough bleeding..very very light) Any other questions feel free to message me. Hope this helps!
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 2:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I stopped after a couple of weeks, but I was worried and called the midwife's office and they said it was normal to bleed for up to 6 months.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I had very heavy frequent periods until about 3 months after i got it put in. now i(9 months post-inseration) t's heavy, but my periods are getting a lot farther apart and I suspect them to get lighter and very far apart. that's normal.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2009