im so pissed i have no clue what to do.....(kinda long sorry if words are misspelled)

ok so i got a letter from my DD's doc office today saying that they wont see her till i take a class cuz iv missed 2 appts
well here is why im mad
i make most my appts for her at 8:30 am
i put it in my phone calander right after or right as i make the appt
then i call the day before and make sure its still at 8:30
i get there around 8:25
then 2 times they tell me oh no your appt was at 8:15
i talked to her doc about it and he said he would take care of it
and well he must have gotten busy
with the letter they sent it has a number to call about questions
but tomorrow is a holiday and she has an appt on the 7th cuz she been sick so they were suppost to see if she was better (she had RSV) but they wont now till i take the class
anyone else think this is redicluse (sp?)
and know what i should do?????????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 2:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can try talking to someone at the front desk in regards to this. As a nurse, I do not see it being legal for a doctor's office to decline seeing a sick child, who is a regular patient of theirs, just because of a situation such as yours. Most offices just charge you if you miss so many appts. If this continues, just find a new doctor.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 2:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• im on medicade......
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• what class???
    change doctors, you need to have her see someone that values you and her as a patient of the practice. There is a such thing as a curtisy window that most medical offices follow. I would talk to the doctor asap, and complain that the front office is screwing up your appointments and that you are considering taking your DD elsewhere.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I guess I don't understand what the class is on - The importance of punctuality? Sounds pretty stupid to me.

I tend to show up to appts of any kind at least half an hour early. Maybe you could do that to avoid their stupidity in scheduling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I'd switch doctors. Youre right, that is BS.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 5:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• No doubt about it i would switch doctors. I would not continue to see a doctor where he/she and the office does not value the patients well being. But then if it is not an option to change doctors right now then I would try to find out who to talk too and report that doctors office (I feel that talking with the nurses up front will not help...my experience)and let them know that this kind of thing will NOT happen again or else........ Are they doing this to other patients???
    Elkana

Answer by Elkana at 6:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• are you military? I know in the military if you miss appointments you have to take a class on not wasting their time, but I have never heard of civilians doing it. Im sure if you go in there they wont turn you down. explain your situation and they should be ok.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Welcome to the pre-Obama/Pelosi/Reid-care. You have just been UHC-ed!!!! How's it going so far?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Jesse, that doesn't even make sense.

I'd call your case worker and ask them if there is another primary care physician in your area that will take Medicaid. I don't see how they can refuse to see your daughter when she is sick.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Jesse, I thought it was funny and it does make sense.

As for the OP, make sure you get the names of the receptionists you talk to so you can say " I talked to Mrs. Can't-tell-time and she confirmed my appt for 8:30." They tend to behave better when you know exactly who said what. If you can't switch doctors, you have to learn to work within their dysfunction. Show up even earlier. You'll wait forever, but at least you can get in. Sorry they suck.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2009