If you are pro-life are you anti Capital Punishment?

Just curious.
And whatever your answer, can you tell me why?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I am not. Innocent life is an entirely different matter than capital punishment. Scripture gives goverments the authority to mete out judgement to those who do wrong. That is also different than vengeance.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Yes, because it is wrong to take a life. It is wrong to take a life because it inconveniences you (abortion) and it is wrong to take a life in vengence (capital punishment)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• The baby is innocent. The a hole one death row isn't. Plain and simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I am both pro-life and against capital punishment. Life is precious and only God should decide when it is ended, even the life of someone society thinks is undeserving of that life.

If we lived in a theocracy headed by The Eternal, I'd be all for picking up those stones. There is no way to know if every person on death row is guilty. Innocent people HAVE been put to death, and many have been exonerated thanks to advances in scientific technology.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• conception to natural life---that is what pro life is all about it.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• shouldn't pro-life also equal anti-war?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• who says it doesn't? I don't know anyone who LIKES war.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• The baby is an innocent. The other person made some bad choices and needs to be held accountable for those choices. The law must be upheld in cases of capital punishment.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Agreeing with micheledo. And no pro life doesn't automatically mean anti-war. Who likes war? Who wants it? But sometimes it is necessary. The bible says there is a time for war and a time for peace. And yes, as ironic as it is, you have to fight for your future peace on this earth.
    Anonymous

• I am all for capital punishment. The bible is very clear on this. It used to be eye for an eye. If someone killed my husband on purpose I could kill him. If it was an accident there was a city of refuge. But now God gave that power to the government. So when a person does a wrong YES they should be punished. God does not like it when we kill one another BUT God does understand that we still are a sinful world so while we are supposed to live differently, that does NOT mean that if you invade my home that I have to let you rape and kill me and my kids and SO. It means I can defend my self. If defending myself sends me to hell it's way low on the list of things that I'll go to hell for.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2009