Would you change your faith if your religion was proven false?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, if it was proven false you would have to be in denial to remain in faith. So. Yes i would "change" it. My beliefs would still be the same, but my religion label would be different.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• If my beliefs were proven false, I'd be an idiot to continue following them.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I did change.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Yes  I would change. However the "proof" that most people offer is really just twisting of information to suit their needs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• If there was proof that a god exists then I could no longer be an Atheist but it doesn't mean that I would practice that religion.  A god would have to prove to me that s/he is worthy of my devotion.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Yes, I'm open to new information. And it would influence my beliefs.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Been there, done that.

What it did was throw me into a situation where I had to look outside the pretty box and in the process learned more about myself and my spirituality. So, it wasnt really a bad thing at all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I think I would have to questions this "proof" But I don't think any proof that men can come up with would be enough to change my faith over!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Well, I did once upon a time.

But if a god popped up one day and was like "TA-DAAA! HERE I AM, WORSHIP ME!" I'd say "Fuck you!" because no god worthy of my worship would let bad things happen like babies dying and people going hungry. Nope! Sorry.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i agree with beeky. There is no real proof of a God...only a book. Kinda like Santa..and we all know who Santa is and that just makes me wonder so i would need proof
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2009