What if Wiccans, Pagans, and Athiest came knocking every saturday?

Do you think they would get the same respect as the JW and Christians when they knock on the door to "witness"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an equal opportunity discriminator, I'd be pissed/annoyed no matter who it was! Especially if DD was napping!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• what do you mean by respect? do you mean in the way people say please go away?

This is one of those never going to happen questions because the groups you mentioned don't believe it is their "duty" to spread their beliefs on the rest of the world, they understand that everyone has their own path and has to find it on their own and will only help if you ask for it, they don't go seeking new recruits.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• probably about the same. i'm a jw and sometimes we get respected and sometimes we dont. one of the older sisters in my congregation got a bucket of water thrown on her from a window above for knocking on someones door, she was around 75 yrs old. so you might get people that want to hear it and some that dont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Unless your a girl scout, don't knock on my door.

This post sounds like the begining of a bar joke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• You aren't being respectful when you come to someones home unannounced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• when i knock on someones door, my intention isnt to be rude or disrespectful. i really care about people and just want to share what i've learned and i'm following a command in the bible and just trying to follow Jesus' footsteps closely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I'd sit and talk with them just as I do all others who want to share their faith.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• They would get the same respect from me. Though I would probably hurry them on their way. People always seem to knock when the kids are napping and our dog won't be quiet!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

***

It is THAT assumption that others who were raised in a different faith and embrace their faith are somehow "lost" that is so offensive! I was raised in the Roman Catholic faith. I was married in the Catholic Church, my children were baptized in the Catholic Church--we're not about to change our faith because you came a knocking and interpret the Bible differently that we do!

Who are YOU to tell me that my faith is "wrong?" And do you honestly think people are going to open their doors, and invite you in for coffee to discuss?! LOL

Seriously, the people you should be preaching to about "finding their way" can be found in prisons, shelters, and support groups, like AA!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Probably not.

Ive done the door knocking so I dont slam doors or anything. So anyone who comes here would get a smile and a no thanks(although since Im wiccan Id chit-chat with them more probably...depending on my doings that day).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2009