am i in labor? contractions?

I don't want to wake up my mom if I'm not really going into labor but this morning I've been waking up with small sudden pains on my lower abdominal that come back and go away, and my discharge has been like a pinkish kind of color. My due date is on December 2nd. Am I having contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Helllooooo ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• No, you will KNOW when its contractions! What you are feeling is most likely false labor or Braxton Hicks. As for the discharge, well this is your last trimester so even if it was your mucus plug it can regenerate itself. Gross and weird I know :) I'm 37 weeks along with baby #4 (and last!) and we are just in the uncomfortable part of our pregnancy because its almost over. If the pain becomes consistant then I'd call you OB. But right now it could be from dehydration....drink A LOT of water, Take tylenol and lay on your left side! Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 8:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• What you are describing is exactly how my labor with my second baby started. Start timing those small pains and see how far apart they are. Are they pretty regular in spacing? Are they increasing gradually in length and intensity? It could be early labor. I had this for NINE HOURS before active labor started. I wouldn't go waking your mom up yet.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• It could be the start of early labor, there is no need to rush anything for now. try to relax, make sure that you are well hydrated and see if they become closer together and more intense.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• If anything it could be early labor, with that being said it's going to be a while so just do your normal thing or go back to sleep until you feel some pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Um...we're not there and we're not feeling what you're feeling. How are we supposed to know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Even moms who have had a lot of babies can still wonder....
    USUALLY, if you're wondering, though, it's not yet Time.
    Are your pains coming and going regularly? Any times?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• you know that whole " you will KNOW when your in labor" is BS i had nooo idea i was having real contractions or that i was in real labor my contractions felt like little ol harmless braxton hicks and i had very small cramping in the abdonminal area pinkish show and everything figured " oh its just false labor" but a couple hours later my husband practically begged me to go get checked anyways so i went in figureing it was a waste of time well.. guess what i ended up being six centimeters dilated and in full blown labor didnt feel a thing till my water broke.. sooo i would go get checked better to be safe than sorry im sure your mother will think the same way :-) GL!
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2009