visitations?

i was just wondering if any of you whos kids have visitation with their father if you have to pick them up when they come home? like he picks them up on friday and then you pick them up on sunday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• We usualy split it, if the BM is going to be in our town anyways, she will just drop SD off, if not I will run up and pick her up. She usually picks her up for her weekends on Friday afternoon. If she isn't going to be in town after church, I will run up around 5 to pick her up on Sunday evening.
    stretchswife

Answer by stretchswife at 9:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• That's the way I've always seen it....the parent taking them is responsible to pick them up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• are they responsibile to do holidays both ways? cuz i was only told i had to pick on sundays not the holidays that he does both ways on holidays?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Picking up when they are coming with you is the best way, it's like a reunion and going with rather than being "dropped off" and then you leaving them. The parent they are going to spend time with should pick them up, that way you know your visitation time will start on time rather than waiting for your ex to bring them and wondering if they'll be on time.
    Momsright

Answer by Momsright at 10:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I don't have that issue because my sons "father" has nothing to do with him but my friend has a SD and she usually picks the SD up at her BM house and returns her on Sunday night. I know others that meet at a neutral place because they don't get along. I know others that take turns.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• If you are taking possession of them after the holiday, then yes you should have to pick them up. Taking possession of your kids is taking possession of your kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I don't, but my brother does. His ex wife drops the kids off at his house friday after school, and he takes them for the weekend and drops them off at their moms house sunday evening. The used to meet half way, at a resturant and 'swap', but it's much easier to just drive a little extra way to the others house. So their is only one trip for each person, insted of both of them having to make the trip both days.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 11:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Okay, call me really naive and sheltered, but does it matter? I mean as long as they get wherever they need to be, who cares who does what? Do they agreements really have to spell out that kind of thing? I mean I know a lot of divorced people and its arranged very loosely. "Hey can you pick up this week, because we have xyz to go to? " Or is it just because your relationship with the other party is that fractured and broken?
    Anonymous

• That's the way we used to do it, if DS's father didn't have a way to get him he didn't get his time. Made him be more responsible and accountable in the process.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2009