water breaking or exccesive leaking right now???

Can you tell me what it was like for you when your water broke? With my first I had a gush of water come out right after I went pee. There was a pink ting to it and for a while after I had a constant little leak going on. I never had any progressive contractions and had to be induced. Well early this morning I got up out of bed to go to the bathroom and I guess from the pressure I completely wet myself? I went pee and emptied my bladder, or so I thought? After I stood up a little more came out. I changed my pants and just from moving around to get them on I wet those too. So I went to the bathroom again to make sure that my bladder was completely emty and it was. I stood up and a little more came out. When I wiped I did notice a little amount of clear snot like, goopy discharge( which I was thinking might be a little mucus plug? Don't know, didn't see when I lost it with my first.) None of this liquid has been pink tinged

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Continued:
    just clear and I haven't noticed any contractions. What do you think? I went through 3 pairs of pants in less than 5 min. Myabe Iam just getting really close to the real deal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Mucus plug and excess leaking, cause if your water broke, the contractions would come, my contractions got intense shortly after my water was broke, then I reallywas in labor. GO to the emergency room if you feel hard contractions and often.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Me again: My contractions never came after my water broke with my first, I had to be induced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Excessive leaking can be your water's broke and it's not going to come out in a gush due to the position of the baby. Out of the 5 babies I've had, I only had water gushing with 3, one was slow leaking like you're describing, and one I never noticed because it was so slow and I thought it was just pressure on my bladder. The hospital can check with a simple, painless test (like a paper strip) to see if you're leaking urine or amniotic fluid. Don't wait too long! Don't they say that if you've gone 24 hours after your water breaks with no labor then you have a chance of infection?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Water breaking does not mean you will start contractions automatically. If you think your water broke, you should already be at L&D being checked!!!

And when your water breaks it won't always be pink tinged. mine never was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i would call you dr and head to the L/D or just go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Water breaking doesn't have to be any emergency. But you want to make sure you & baby are okay, of course!
    My water gushed for over a week (at term)-- how far along are you?
    Are you contracting?
    Is there an odor?
    Have you been checked lately/had intercourse? (pink)
    Do you know baby's position & station?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Hello, it's me again: It was my water that broke. About 45 min. later I started feeling a little cramping, which I though was maybe gas pains :) and got to go to the bathroom and just standing there soaked my pants and had liquid running down my leg. I am laboring at a birthing center so I don't worry about going in until my contractions are about 5 min. or less apart. I am having just small contractions right now, spread out, nothing major yet. And I am 38 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Great!!
    Good luck with everything!
    Remember~
    contractions only happen one at a time. Take each one individually, don't get ahead of yourself.
    Breathe and enjoy yourself. This is a VERY special day.
    Contractions are not bigger than you, they come from you. So you can manage it.
    Think of contractions not as painful, but as an intensity that requires all of your attention.
    Surrender.
    Have a wonderful experience!!!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Water breaking IS excessive leaking. This is it!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2009