embarassing question

Ok this is so embarassing, but It actually has me worried, so I need to ask. I just started back 2work in the nursing dept. of a long term care facility, and my job sometimes requires heavy lifting, so this morning I noticed that I thing i have a hemmroid!!!! I've never had one before,, not even during pregnancy!!! Is there anything that I can to 2quickly get rid of it and get some relief??? HElP!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can buy hemmroid cream to relieve he pain. But to have them removed you have to go to the doctors.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Depending on how big & how bad it is, it could go away on its own. But if it's really bad you will need to see a doctor to have it checked. There is a new laser procedure you can have done that is painless and there is no recovery time. But until you can have that done, you can use a relief cream or tucks pads to help it feel better.
    Also, try to drink lots of water & eat lots of fruits & veggies to keep from getting constipated because that will really irritate hemorrhoids. Best Wishes to you!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• The few times I've had one they've gone away on their own. Creams can help alleviate the pain but I never bothered as they don't get rid of hemmeroids, they only treat them. If it does not go away within a few days call your Dr to treat it. As PP said, drink lots of water, eat lots of foods high in fiber (fruits and veggies with skin, whole grains) and exercise to keep from getting constipated.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• You must see a Dr. It's not emberrassing, Dr's see this kind of thing every day and it's their job to help.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 11:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I used Tucks for the burning and Preparation H for the pain. They have not bothered me in a long time now. Maybe those will help you as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• They don't go away. But, you can relieve the itching, burning and/or irritstion with hemmorhoid creams. I've had them since I was pregnant...they flare up at least once or twice a month.
    Anonymous

• is not embarrasing , we all have different "situations " that may seem embarrasing , when they really arent . buy a preparation h cream ,which helps with the pain , itchness , etc , bu also go to your dr . and they'll help you take care of it better . also if you have pain while having a bowel movement , put vaseline on your behind , it may sound "embarrasing" but , it really does help .
    also , drink lots of water , cuz it makes the stool softer , so when you have to do # 2 , it isnt as painful or uncomfortable .
    i developed internal hemorroids , and they were very painful , but after i went to my dr , i got sooo much better .
    my dr also told me to eat the activia yogurt cuz that helpful , when you do # 2 everyday , is easier on your hemorroids because the stool leaves your body fast and it doesnt give it time 4 the stool to become "hard" cuz thats what makes it painful when you do # 2 and the hemorroids become irritated
    Anonymous

• hard stool = painful bowel movement and irritated hemorroids !
    Anonymous