How does one found a religion or religious path??

I am in the process of writing a book about my beliefs. I have found a few that believe as I do, but not to many. My beliefs are very all inclusive. Similar to UU but less Christian more Pagan... I consider myself an Eclectic Pagan, but it's more than that because I don't believe that Christians, Jews, Islamics or anyone else is wrong either. I just believe they have a different set of gods than mine.

When studying religion you can always find at least one reference to who Founded the religion...

How do you do this?? Should I simply start by finishing my book and starting a local coven? Or something else? Do I need to register something somewhere?? Any help is great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well it usually starts with a small group of people that form a church or coven. But why would you want to form your own? That should be the real question. What are your goals?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Actually, there are quite a few Pagans who believe similarly to what you described. Have you looked into CUUPS (Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans)?

New Pagan groups pop up quite a bit & usually start by gathering a small group of people who have similar beliefs & want to create a spiritual community. It's not an easy path though. You have to be VERY committed & driven in order to keep it thriving & growing through both good times & bad. I've watched lots of groups fall apart because their leader got burned out. I would suggest you give this a LOT more thought, do lots more research, and pray or do divinations to determine if this is truly the path for you. If you still feel it's for you, how you proceed would depend on what your goals are, what your vision includes, and what your state requirements are for clergy.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2009