Do you understand what EIC is?

Why is it that there are people who are complaining about people on PA getting EIC money they never paid in. Do the not understand what EIC is. Do they not understand that one has absolutly nothing to do with the other? That no qualifying for PA does not mean that you automaticly get EIC. You HAVE TO have income and a certain amount of income to get EIC. Cash PA is not claimed on taxes so if a person does not work they get no return or EIC. I fail to see why the less then 1% of taxes that go to PA has become a B fest for people. Can some one please explain this to me........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Um, I think that the idea in general pisses people off, Ummm... I mean the idea that people can sit at home on their big lazy asses and get FREE money while those of us with some gumption and drive desire to bust our butts to legitimately earn money so that we can truly afford to buy things that we need and deserve... and that the idea of any of our HARD EARNED money helping to fund the aforesaid big lazy assed people makes us sick to our stomachs in every way, shape and form. That we feel that our well deserved money should be spent on much needed things... and that us, aforementioned hard working class of individuals do not have the money to spend on our own medical care because, well, because we simply cannot afford to do so... while the aforementioned big lazy assed people get FREE medical care, well, for sitting on this big lazy asses... Or something like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I dont even know what the letters stand for. Im assuming PA is public assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Also agree that it is not that there is PA available it is that people use it like it is their job. I realize the economy sucks, etc... but there are plenty of people that use this as a crutch. It doesn't matter what percentage of our tax money is used for this, if you add up all the percentages for everything it is a big chunk of our taxes. The working person needs to get a second job to pay for the deadbeat that refuses to even look for a job. This is what pisses us off, it is not lack of compassion. When people on PA sit at home with cable and internet and cell phones and I cannot afford these but am working 40 + hours a week, don't you think I would be pissed off. Put the shoe on the other foot. And there are some jobs out there, my daughters' friend applied at 2 places and was offered 2 jobs and is a college student who can only work certain hours, so for those of you who say there are no jobs out there, look.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Those of you who say there are jobs if people would look should come to Michigan and look. I am against lazy people who use PA as their way of life but right now there are alot of people who need it, that were formerly hard working people.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Would soneone please translate...what is EIC and PA ? WHy does everyone at CM abbreviate everything? I guess its "easy". @@
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• You know some of the women on here are just being there usual bitchy internet personality (because they would not have the guts to say this stuff to a real person)...that's why! I guess when you have everything handed to you or you never struggle you should step on the ones that do. Unfortunately, many people do not understand how economics work also so they are talking out of their ass. Like I said before it should be competitivemom not cafemom.

Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• EIC = earned income credit (on taxes) - if I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

PA = public assistance (welfare, WIC, food stamps) Some also use FS for food stamps.

To answer the question, I don't care about EIC and PA. I wish there was a way to eliminate abuse, but I am sure everyone can agree with that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Im all for those types of programs, as long as theyre not being abused. It happens too often and the whole system needs to be reformed.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• EIC is backdoor PA. It just has different guidelines to receive it. The reason why it is considered a form of PA is because it is a CREDIT, not a DEDUCTION. If you meet the guidelines you get additional cash when it is a credit. A deduction is just subtracted from the amount of taxes you paid.

I am all for help for those that need it. Right now there are a lot that do. Unfortunately, there are those that abuse it and as far as I am concerned that is the equivilent of stealing from others.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• EIC is backdoor PA.
    I strongly disagree with this. My husband is supporting me while I finish grad school, and with one income, we qualify for EIC. We have never had any type of PA, and hopefully will never have to apply for any. But to relate EIC, which we do not sign up for, if automatically comes with our tax rebate, to PA is uneducated. Last year was the first year we ever received it, and we will probably get it again this year.
    So since I'm sitting on my lazy ass, I guess I should thank my husband and everyone else who works for allowing me the luxury of just sitting on my lazy ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2009