Having Turkey Issues?

I have an All things Turkey that should help.

Help707

Asked by Help707 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah actually lol
    What temperature should I put it to? The package says 325F but the butter I spread on it isnt melting that great yet, Its been in there about 45m Its a 10 lb turkey, butterball.. if that makes a difference lol Thanks!
    Anonymous

• . Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. The first one I did was dry so this time need to baste every half hour actually husband did that one.

Help707

Answer by Help707 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Mine's about an 11lb turkey and has a pop-up timer,how does the pop-up timer work? Been in the oven since about 10:30 or so.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• If you do not have that thermometer that tells you the internal temperature go by the weight.  Husband putting turkey in now 11:42am 20lbs  You still have time to get the thermometer.  Mind will be done by 7pm, oh well.  I have tips on my profile.

Help707

Answer by Help707 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Help707 ~ We have already had our meal so this isn't an emergency, but I wondered if you could tell me the best place to place the darn meat thermometer. I know I'm not supposed to touch bone with it, but I had 3 meat thermometers sticking in different places in my turkey at the same time when it was supposed to be finished cooking and I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to go by....lol. Fortunately, the turkey was cooked thoroughly, was full of flavor, tender, and very juicy....perfect! But sticking those meat thermometers to get that 180 degree reading is still baffling to me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• In the part between the thigh and breast area like the video
    Help707

Answer by Help707 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2009