What new holiday traditions has your family started since having children?

Just curious as to how many people adapt new traditions when they have children, and what the traditions are. I've heard alot of people talking about their traditions, but my husband and I haven't made any since having our daughter a year ago.

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 12:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One Christmas tradition that we began was giving our kids a 'Christmas Eve gift' every year. It's always a new set of pjs, plus a book to read for each at bedtime. Then the kids put on their new pjs for bed and in the morning when they open gifts they are all wearing nice new co-ordinated pjs in the pictures! I stole this from a friend in university- her parents used to do this and I thought it was a cute idea!

Other traditions we inherited from family, or happened by circumstance... for instance, we always have fish and chips on Christmas Eve and Good Friday (my mom's tradition); we have a big cookie exchange potluck the first Friday of December (something two friends and I began the year my son was born)... we do them every year, but we didn't really put any thought into beginning them. It just kind of happened.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• We have a few but intend to implement more when they are older and can help us with those new things and enjoy them more.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2009