is it safe to dye your hair while pregnant?

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi, yes it is semi- permanent dye or highlights that do not touch the scalp are fine, I am a hairstylist, and worked while being PG, just don't use peroxide on scalp happy coloring!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• You are going to get mixed reviews on this question I am sure, but I am a "bottle blonde" and have had my hair proffesionally colored for years with all my pregnancies (all 3) and my babies were all healthy! My hairdresser also did with her pregnancies too-it does no harm, however because of hormone changes your color might not look the same as it normally does.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• My OB says it's fine, but best to wait till after the first trimester
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• You could rub hair dye all over your body and the dye molecules will still to be too large to make it into your blood stream. This is just one of those myths that people love to believe because pregnant women are supposed to mayrtar themselves in every way.

Anonymous

• It is fine after the first trimester. Also, I think the big reason is that its not good to breathe it in. SO be sure you are in a well ventillated room :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2009