Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Embarrassing question...please help.

I'm 21 & have no children of my own, but 3 step children who I have always seen as my own. I married my husband a few weeks ago and ever since then I have noticed a problem. For years before, whenever experiencing sexual arousal, I would get pain my sharp pains. Recently I went to the docs to have a check up since I thought I had found a lump in there but they said that there was nothing. They said I was too young to have smear tests and won't do them :|. And this month I had blood in between my period for a day. During sex it's not painful, it's just before generally. Does anyone else get this? Or know what it could be? By the way I was a virgin until recently when we married.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Health

Answers (7)
  • I don't know what this is but go to a different doctor who takes you seriously. I go to a nurse practitioner and a midwife. I prefer that sort of practice over my old gyn. Good luck hon and don't worry to much.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

  • I agree that you need to go to someone who will listen to you. You may be fine but something isn't quite right if you are experiencing pain even if it's just during arousal. I would make sure it's a female doctor or like mmmegan said, a midwife or nurse practitioner but still I'd stick with a female. They tend to actually listen better and care.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

  • If you are sexually active, you need a pap smear, please go find a new doc and see what is going on, btw, 3 step kids and 21 ??? bless you!

    Answer by kimigogo at 4:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

  • to young for a smear...i was 15 when i had my first..there is no age limit. Your doc sounds like a quack!

    Answer by shay1130 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

  • i would agree that your dr sounds like a quack your supposed to get a smear but the time your sexually active or at 15-16 yrs of age

    Answer by Zanesmommy at 8:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

  • Yeah I would be finding a new Dr. How could yo be too young?? If they would say this about a pap. And they didnt even check what the lump was. I would be going somewhere else fast. If it is causeing you pain and now irregualr bleeding ..def find a new dr!

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:33 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

  • She might not be from the US. They are called smear tests in England. And in England, they do not perform them as soon as a person is sexually active.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
is it safe to dye your hair while pregnant?