getting my son to sleep through the night

my son is almost 7 months old and he still wont sleep through the night. I tried giving him cereal before bed, baths everything that i have read about in books and stuf nothing works any other remedies to help.

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah my son is about the same way he will sleep from about 8pm to 4am and get a bottle then sleep til 8am. ive tried everything too, i would do CIO but we live in an apt and im sure the neighbors wouldn't be too happy hearin a baby cry at 4am lol GL to you :)
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 4:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• My daughter was the same way. i tried everything and she didnt sleep through the night til after her 2nd birthday.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• It doesn't work because he's not ready to sleep through the night yet. A baby cannot be forced to sleep....night or day.
    Anonymous

• here is a link to a journal I reposted a great article on infant/toddler sleep issues http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/91515/Baby_Toddler_Sleep_issues
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• what my daughters dad did was the first week she was born, he kept her up all day and let her nap about once or twice.... it was scary but it worked wonders. she has slept thru the night since then unless somethings up.. then you know because she woke up. try not letting your child nap during the day.
    daisybaby586

Answer by daisybaby586 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• If you don't let them nap during the day they can become over tired. 7 month olds still need their naps. It depends on the individual child. My 15 month old still gets up once or twice to nurse.
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 11:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2009