have some catching up to do on CM, postpartum questions and sleeping schedule for a 7 week old?

ok so i am 7 weeks postpartum and im still bleeding most of the time its like brownish looking old blood and after sex its like bright red ( on the depo already dont know if that could be a factor or not) did this happen this long for any of you ladies? when did you stop bleeding? its not a lot it fills up and panty liner a day maayybe. second question is my MIL says my baby should be on a sleeping schedule already and that she sleeps way to much.. she is only 7 weeks!! first baby but my instincts are telling me that babbies still sleep this much at 7 weeks am i wrong? my pediatrician told me this is normal too and its hard to get them on a schedule when they're under 10 weeks... opinions? experiences? anything? thanks ladies i appreciate any info you can help me with!

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A pantyliner a day* sorry typo! lol
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Everything seems normal, & as long as your doctor (as well as baby's doctor) says all is fine then all is fine. I would, however, bring up the bleeding after sex - seems a little excessive this late (but like you said, might be the depo). You will get a lot of "advice" from just about everything about what is "right", "normal", & what you "should" do. Your instincts are best. If in doubt, ask your doctor. & always remember that you don't have to believe everything you hear...research is good too =) Oh & for those really pushy people, just remember the phrases "The doctor says..." , "Research actually shows..." , & "I appreciate your advice, but I have found that [blank] works better for me." Those three things work wonders for me (though I still get "advice" from some LOL).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• A 7 week old does not have a sleep schedule. Babies brains do not develop the part that regulates sleep until around age 6 months. Any appearance of a sleep schedule before 6 months is a fluke.

If your bleeding is now brownish, it sounds like your post pardum bleeding is about to wind down. I would still call your OB though because I'm not sure what is causing the fresh bleeding after sex.

Congrats on your baby.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Sleep and feed on demand. Just tell MIL the doctor said everything was fine and she was sleeping as she should.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2009