My boyfriend and I are having a baby we broke up but where going back and forth about being together, then out of the blue he starts seeing someone else and lies to me about. I know I'm being petty but when our baby is born I don't want her around the baby what can I do to make sure that doesn't happen and what are the visitations rights of a father in nj. I'm scared and don't want to lose my baby. I thought him and I would work things out for our baby but I was very wrong. Please help.

th2273

Asked by th2273 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just don't list him as the father on the birth certificate. But it seems to me like you don't have any good reason for not wanting her around the baby other than just jealousy. If he fights to see the baby and fights to get parental rights (which he could do, since you obviously told him the baby was his and a court might force a DNA test) there will still be nothing you can do. Now if there are reasons that you just didn't mention, you need to find away to document that.
    Anonymous

• I would consult an attorney right away. They are the ones who can help you make the most wise decisions in all of this. Good luck.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• You can't stop him from having the girlfriend around the baby if he has visitation rights to it. And if you two fight over the baby in court then the judge will decide is who is most fit to raise it. The judge will take into account finances and home life.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2009