couples gifts? any ideas?

i feel obligated to get my grandparents something and my mom and stepdad even though they say not to. What are some good ideas for couple gifts rather than buy individual gifts?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Gift Cards to a favorite restaurant, a picture of the whole family framed, a funny movie, an afgan...
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Give them a gift card for ice cream. Somehow old people crave ice cream. Or a gift card from a grocery store that they can but the ice cream or anything else with goodies.
    Anonymous

• yeah...i always do pictures and ornaments..i feel like its getting old. I kinda like the restaurant idea though.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• yes of course! buy things they can use everyday, bath towels, hand towels, wash clothes, body washes, cookwear, cleaning items, bedding, pillows.. I buy usefull things like I bought my step dad a pair of jeans and shirt
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• We normally buy couple's gifts for Christmas and each year I do a 'theme' where everyone gets the same type of gift, but in a different color or style.
    This year I found kitchen towels on sale at Walmart for $1 each and 2-pack potholders for $1.50. I'm giving each couple 2 towels and a set of potholders that all coordinate and now that Christmas season is here I am adding hand soap in a Christmas character dispenser and each couple will also receive an ornament with the year on it.
    It's affordable, practical, and reuseable.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• How about a movie night basket. You get a basket (they have some at the dollar tree) and you could put things in it like microwave popcorn, a movie or two, anything associated with movies. Then it lets them have a night together when they can.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2009