Who's right??

So I have a bunch of random items I have from my kids that I want/need to get rid of. I thought about giving it away on cafemom to who-ever needed it the most..Well I mentioned it to my husband and he starts getting an attitude saying "why do I have to pay for someone else to get clothes?!" and I said "well it would be a nice thing for someone who can't have it" and he mentioned well we could just take it to goodwill or a local thing on base. He would get a tax write off and it would be free for us...
What am I suppose to do? I know we are in a financial tight but I'd love to help someone out...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• look up freecycle in your community. search freecycle. people will come to your house to pick it up and you don't have to pay postage.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I think either choice is a good idea. I would just have the person on CafeMom pay for shipping and handling and then your DH can't say anything. Just another option. It's up to you to choose.
    Best wishes!
    ALLO2009

Answer by ALLO2009 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• CMom's in your area?
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 6:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Give it away to the women's shelter, they always need clothes and stuff and you can deduct it off your taxes, you would be for sure giving it to someone who needs it and FOR sure be doing a fantastic thing, bless you and happy turkey day! PS--You must call them, you cannot just drop it off, they will send someone for it and give you a receipt,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Freecycle is great; someone will come pick up the items at your home.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2009