What's everyones day look like on Thanksgiving?

Just curious, how do you all celebrate this holiday? My dh and I start with a charity run to help feed the homeless- first thing in the morning. Then we head over to Starbucks for a coffee and relaxing chat, then, since our children are with their other parents today, we spend a quiet evening watching HBO movies and eating leftover ham and mashed potatos from a previous Thanksgiving meal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• we put up our christmas lights and tree and are enjoying a day together! we do dinner on sat. after thanksgiving, gives us more time to share with fam and friends~!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 6:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Bless you OP....I know they appreciated your help.
    There was no rush or formalities here at home. I woke up about 8am, got the turkey ready and popped it in the oven by 9am (we couldn't find the roasting pan until just before we put it in...lol). I spent the rest of the morning preparing the other dishes and cooking them one at a time and getting things done as orderly as possible without raising too much fuss.
    We enjoyed a nice family meal - just me, hubby, our children and granddaughter.
    My hubby and daughters had fun playing his game system most of the day while my oldest daughter helped me out in the kitchen with the leftovers and cleaning.
    Now dessert is ready and I need to dish it up. Warm pumpkin pie and Apple Betty with whipped cream - yum!
    Good night and bless you all.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• prepped what i could yesterday... hung out with the parents all day (they live upstate & we don't see them often)... cleaning up now. i try to make it relaxed as i can, and being vegetarians makes the prep & clean up a lot easier! lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2009