Happy FU@#$NG Thanksgiving! How would you feel?

So I agreed to let my hubby go hunting this morning before thanksgiving lunch... Meanwhile I got up @ 7:30 and made a 15 LB Turkey, Gravy, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Carrot Cake and store bought rolls while attending to my two toddlers. He came home just in time for his mother who flew in from another state. Eats Lunch, Cuts up the leftover turkey (after I asked him 4 times) Falls asleep on the couch then goes to bed. Meanwhile my MIL helped clean kitchen then left. Then I got to give them a bath and put them to bed for a late nap. I feel so angry. How would you feel if your hubby did this? Especially if you don't get along with MIL? I agreed to this but expected a little more from him afterwards. I should be feeling thankful but I don't I feel bitter and upset. Am I making to big of a deal of this?

ainstalshia

Asked by ainstalshia at 7:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• not at all...he should have his time and you should have your time of course.... i'd be angry too....he had his time, and he neglected you later because of it......
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 2:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• I would be upset too. but to be honest I wouldn't have let him go hunting. He can't read your mind and he really doesn't get how hard u worked. we teach people how to treat us.
    Anonymous

• also next yr make some of the dishes in advance the day before. it makes thanksgiving so much less stressfull!
    Anonymous

• I would take it out on him with his wallet...but that's me. I would be pissed too...but my hubby knows better than to pull something like that.
    ALLO2009

Answer by ALLO2009 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• LOL Allo. Unfortunatly he's been unemployed for 9 months. So I'm just taking the money from my kiddos. And I couldn't make the dishes before today my daughter was in the hospital...
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 7:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• cornucopiaNext time don't agree to let him go hunting had you known he was going to be worthless when he got home you would have thought otherwise, but men are this way :( And next time do what you can a day early like fix the turkey and in the morning just stick it in the oven also do all your baking inadvance as well (if you decide to bake at home this time) As far as your MIL just be be the good person that you are before you know it she is back in her home...lol GL

And yes I would be pissed too. Happy Thanksgiving anyway from us at cafemom :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I would be upset....He should have stayed home and helped with the cooking or the kids.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Where did MIL go she flew in to have dinner then flew away? Yes I would be mad, but what are you going to do, next year, tell him your going on vacation as a family no hunting, no cooking no MIL, sorry hon, hope you have a better night, get a movie and some popcorn, and relax, at least she is gone lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Turkey does have the makings of a natural sedative in it, an amino acid called tryptophan. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid, meaning that the body cannot manufacture it. The body has to get tryptophan and other essential amino acids from food. Tryptophan helps the body produce the B-vitamin niacin, which, in turn, helps the body produce serotonin, a remarkable chemical that acts as a calming agent in the brain and plays a role in sleep.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry to say but you need a sh** load of tryptophan to make anyone sleepy. So even though he ate turkey, it doesn't mean its going to knock him out. And yes I would be pissed, just remember this for the next hunting trip and say " Hell No!"
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2009