yeast infection?

So I was having some issues down there...burning and itching and just felt really dry and irritated.

I got an off brand of "Monistat" the 3 day dose and used all of the medicine...I just finished it yesterday. I didn't have sex during those three day and followed all the guidelines listed in the pamphlet.

Today I'm still feeling itchy on the outside...like my labia and vulva...does this mean the medication didn't work? Or does it just take a while for the itchiness to completely go away? Should I be worried that it was more than just a yeast infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Health

• If your still itching its probably not gone. I had the same problem and I kept using the OTC drugs.. my body just didnt respond to them. I got the diflucan pill by prescription and it finally went away. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• GO to the Dr. It sounds like your infection is to strong for OTC. I started to get an infection and decided to wait until I got home to see Doc. Big mistake it was so swollen it looked like I had elephantitis of the Vajayjay. Sry TMI. But it will get bad if you don't treat it. That infection was so bad I went and looked up info on how to NEVER get on again.
    1. Avoid baths during yeast infections yeast thrives in warm moist areas so this just helps yeast to spread
    2. Weat cotton panties or cotton pantiliners this allows your skin to breathe and produce more good bacteria
    3. Rub detergent directly on the undies you wore while infected normal machine washing does not kill yeast.
    4.eat more yogurt it contains the good bacteria your body needs to fight yeast and other bacteria
    5. Avoid wearing tight clothing it only helps the yeast multiply hope these tips help.Get well
    Anonymous

• I have those same symptoms, but when I went to my OB I had her check to see if it was a yeast infection and it wasn't (it wasn't bacterial either). So, it could be caused by something else. You should probably go in a be seen. I'm very sensitive, so I think my issues are caused by switching detergent or by my pregnancy (difference in pH balance).
    Anonymous