• In the Spotlight:

lack of period

I had my son in June of this year. I breastfed him until mid-September. I haven't gotten any sort of menstrual cycle and all pregnancy test come up negative. I don't have health insurance for myself so I can't see a doctor right now. Has anyone ever had a problem like this. If so, what did you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Health

• I went years without having a period after breastfeeding. My doctor didn't say there was a problem with it. One day years later it just started again. My hormones were fine so it wasn't that. Not sure what happens.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• thanks...its strange...i heard it takes a while but i keep thinking im pregnant because of it !
    Anonymous

• go see a chiropractor. your cycle will start right back up. google chiropractic and fertility
    Anonymous

• with the first son i bf until he was 6 months ( he was born in aug)(plus he was a c-section) i never got my period until i went to the gyno and they had to give me pills to start mine... like you i thought every month that i was pregnant again.... but i would just call your gyno and see what they say...... I go on to say that i had another child (actually this year) and everything went fine.... I would just talk to your doctor and see what they say..... Good Luck Happy Thanksgiving
    Zanesmommy

Answer by Zanesmommy at 8:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• YES all my test look negitive but they were faulty and three months later i found out i was pregnat with my DD the doctors/nurses said that it was normal to miss your period because of breat feeding and now i have two children 11 months apart
    star_6_1

Answer by star_6_1 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2009