Isn't it too early for this?

I am 28.5 weeks along and have debilitating hip/pelvic pain. This has been going on for over a month now. This is baby#4 and I don't remember this pain until a few weeks before birth with my older children. Is it normal to have this feeling of spreading and severe pressure so early on?

luvbnmomnwife

Asked by luvbnmomnwife at 8:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby is probably on a nerve or it's ligament pain. i had to be induced 39 wks 2 dys because i was hurting so bad for so long and the doc couldn't really give a definate answer.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• With my first, I never had any hip pain. With my second, however, my left hip started hurting and feeling like my hips were spreading pretty early on in the pregnancy. My second daughter is now 6 months old, and my hip still gives me major problems. My doctor suggested wearing a tight belt around my hips to help with the pain and prevent further spreading. You may also want to look into or ask about something called an S.I. Belt. Hope this helps.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2009