omg, what could be wrong with me?! tmi...

i had blood in my poo. i'm so freaked out. i hope it was just from a hemeroid, but i've never had that much blood from one before, and it was like streaked in the poo and bright red on the toilet paper. ugh! what is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Health

• Does it hurt? If there was pain, it's probably an anal fissure, or in other words, a tear. If you were constipated, it's even more likely. The fact that the blood was bright red means it wasn't deep in your stomach. It could also be a hemorrhoid. It COULD be a sign of rectal or anal cancer, but it's very unlikely....that's pretty rare, especially if you're under 60. I've experienced this before, and it ended up being a small tear, and it happened right after I had my baby, when they're really common in women. I asked the Dr., and it healed on it's own in a couple of weeks. I was scared to death to see blood too, but it ended up being nothing and healing on it's own.If you're worried, or if it doesn't clear up, I'd see a Dr. and ask them about it. I did just to ease my worrying.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• it could be a hemeroid in the just inner of you rectum you could or torn from haveing a big poop but it also could be cancer you should go to the doctor and to to him or her about it and if you are further concerned you can request a colonoscopy just to make sure
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a hemorrhoid or like you make have torn like the pp stated. Usually if it's a bigger issue your BM is black from internal bleeding rather than the fresh red blood from a hemorrhoid or tear. As always if you are worried talk to your Dr as the pp stated.
    Anonymous