How do you cope with the loss of your baby during the holidays?

My little girl Kaylynn passed away august 31 2007 due to her cord kinking at the base of her little belly cutting off her life line. It has been the hardest thing i have ever experienced in my life and i deal with the sorrow and void everday of my life. Around the holidays i feel so lost and disconnected. My son is 17 months and im so excited that he is old enough to really enjoy Christmas this year :) On the outside im smiling and happy as can be but inside im screaming and crying... how do i get thru another year with out her?

31angelmommy3

Asked by 31angelmommy3 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• Maybe you could go to the Salvation Army Angel Tree and selecting a little girl that is the age your baby would be that Christmas and getting the present in your daughter's honor? And then you can get a nice little ornament with her name and the year on it to memorialize her at home. There are lots of pretty angels that would be especially nice... That way she is a part of the festivities in a positive sense.

I am so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Sweetie, I have no idea. Your a stronger person than I am. Hang in there.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I know it is hard. I've never lost a baby, but I've watched year after year as my own mother has mourned the loss of my brother. At some point, you will have to pick up the pieces and go on, inside and out. You'll never forget your beautiful little girl, and no one will ever expect you to. For your son's sake, you are putting on a happy face, but you yourself need healing. I don't know how to tell you to do that. If it's possible, maybe you could seek counseling. i know something that's helped my mom every year since my brother died was to light a candle each night for him around the holidays. It might sound silly to some but for her, somehow it gives her comfort.

Anonymous

• Every holiday i go to her grave and decorate it really nice. i just cant help but to think, she would be 2 years and 4 months this Christmas. ugh god :( its crazy because my son looks so much like her. it really makes me proud but at the same time its a constant reminder.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• yor not with out her, she is still with you, in your heart always know that. blessing to your family. remember you have a lil angel watching over you
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You just do it, I went for 7 years after the loss of my daughter without being able to have another child, I felt sorry for myself, I pouted, I screamed it wasn't fair, and you know it isn't. I guess the only thing I have to say is time does make it better, 4 years ago DS was born, and that did ease my pain somewhat, but there is not a day that goes by I don't think about Lily, and what she could have been to our family, but although I got sick of people telling me everything happens for a reason, I do know believe it, no way at the age of 38 would I have had a baby had she lived, now DS Billy is here. God Bless you and know our little ones have someone special looking out for them now, I am sorry for you and for any mom that has to bear this, it is the worst pain anyone can know, bless you and special hugs to you give your kiddo a hug from me and Billy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2009