what should i do if my kids lie to me?

i have a 6 year old girl, she always lie to me about her study in scholl. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Start disciplining her now. Stay consistent with whatever method you chose, but make sure you do something. This is a very critical time for disciplining. You have to let her know who is in charge in your household and that there are certain rules to be followed. So with that being said, sit down and think about what method you would like to use with your children and stick to it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• talk to her teacher and see if you can have an adgenda for you child and get the teacher to write her home work in it. and get you to sign it at night after she has done all her home work (if this is a home work matter) hope it helps
    star_6_1

Answer by star_6_1 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Yes, make sure she knows she is being punished for lying. As for whatever she is afraid to tell you, don't freak out or get too punitive over falling short. Somehow, I got it in my head when I was young that I couldn't stand to disappoint my parents. I grew up being a pleaser and now, I have jeopardized my marriage more than once over not being able to tell my husband bad news. It doesn't help that he freaks out over things and turns into a worry-wart. I can't bear to 'fail' before others. I wish my parents had treated me a little less like a favorite. They didn't mean to, but I got the idea that I was more of a 'satisfying' child than my brothers and wanted to be like my sister, who was also very accomplished and a joy to be with. I wanted to be liked as much as she was.
    Anonymous