PEOPLE CALL MY BABY FAT ! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! :(

my 3 month old son weights 14 pounds 12 ounces , and i can't stand the noisy neighbors calling him fat , i snapped at thm and told them taht my baby isn't fat , that hes weight is good and he's growing really well , like my ds's peditrician told us .

(thats )

he was born 36 weeks weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces and he's grown in 3 months (counting th 1st two week he was supposed to lose weight after birth , but he never lost any weight lol ) 8 pounds 10 ounces .

my baby is also 24 inches long .
besides , when my ds starts crawling and waling later on he's weight will distribute to different places of his body , so im not worry , besides im not listening to any of those comments , however , it is really annoying whn the neighbors are assholes lol

i believe taht babies dont have to be skinny , !

did you went through a similar situation over your bby's weight ?

do you think my baby's weight is not a healthy o

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• They are probably just playing with you. Everyone knows that chubby babies are the cutest babies!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• the peditrician on tuesday at my ds's 3rd month check up said everything was going great and that since he was born a bit premature , we needed him to catch up , which he has done amazingly :)

happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I wouldnt worry! My neighbor did the same thing except her exact words were "ooooh you look like you are going to have legs like your grandma.." (my MIL is very overweight) That was the only time i took offense because she was also telling me she was eating too much and that if i didnt be careful i would get big too! Everyone else just saying she was "Fat" or "chunky" in a cute way. but she has definately slowed down and slimmed down! I wouldn't listen to anyone else! Dont let them upset you!
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• the chunky ones are the cutest =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I couldn't care less if someone told me my son was "fat"... first off, a "skinny" baby isn't always good. My friend is having the opposit problem (4 month old that weighs 10Lbs 5 oz) and to me a fat baby at your sons age would be like 20lbs (and that would be if his height wasn't proportioned).
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• They probably don't mean it in a negative way.... fat babies are adorable! My son was a chunk! But when he started crawling his weight leveled off and when he started walking he thinned out.
    But like I said... "fat" doesn't mean they are trying to be mean about it...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Don't worry about it. As long as baby is healthy, try to ignore the others. I have the opposite. mine lost lots of weight and was slow to regain it. She's 2 1/2 now but wears 18 month clothing. When people hear how old she is I always get "wow, she's tiny!" I know they don't mean anything by it. She is tiny, but she's healthy. Every now and then I'll get a comment about not feeding her but she eats like a horse! She's just super active and burns it all off. everyone is different and as long as they are healthy, what else matters?
    Anonymous

• my son is 5 months old and lil over 18 lbs. he was born t full term and weighed 8lbs 7.3oz and everyone says hes huge but thats because my daughter is tiny she was born full term weighing 7lbs 4oz and is 2yrs old now weighing just 23lbs. when she was 1.5yrs old she weighed as much as my son does now at 5 months old (18lbs) so compared to her he is huge lol
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• but if your doctor says he is healthy then he is healthy...dont let anyone tell you otherwise!!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• my dd was fat i knew i ditn care, she was my chunky monkey,. did i get mad when people told me my baby wa sfat nope. i just said i rather my baby be fat then anorexic looking
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2009