I don't know how to handle this.

All the little rubber pieces that go on the inside of the lid of my son's sippy cups came out and got lost so now we have only two very leaky cups. I have no money until Tuesday and our carpet is starting to stink from all the milk that dribbles onto it. I am just about ready to lose it. I can't give him anything to drink unless I want it all over the house on EVERYTHING. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Use an adult cup. Have him sit in his highchair or at the table and assit him in drinking from an adult cup. Personally, I wouldn't let them run around with a sippy cup, bottle, or adult cup ever. It gets spilled, it gets thrown somewhere and forgotten, or the child just plays with it and never drinks it. It should be used at the table and at the table only, in my opinion. Either way, just assist him in drinking from an adult cup. That will ease your problem until you can buy a new one, and also teach him a new way to drink.

To kill mold you can use a solution of bleach and water. Google up best ways..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• when all else fails use your old bottles. im sure you still have some left laying around
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Unfortunately I don't. He lost interest him them at about 13 months and I threw them all away.
    Anonymous

• How old is he?? That may decide how to answer your question.

I know at age 2, my kids were drinking from an open cup, but only at the table. I don't let my kids walk around with things to drink. At WalMart you can get those take and toss cups for a couple of dollars and they come with either sippy lids or straws. My 18 month old has been using the straw top cups since she was 12 months old. I don't know if this helped, but that is my advice.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Thanks. My son is 18 months.
    Anonymous

• aww just put your foot down and until you get a lil extra money to go to the store just moniter him and you hold the cupie or as the othe mother said ... keep it in the kitchen. atleast then its just a simle whipe to clean up.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• Thanks. I am just so frustrated. I have always been a scrupulous housekeeper and now my carpet smells like rotting milk. There has got to be mold growing under it.
    Anonymous

• Have them drink at the table.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• How do I kill the mold?
    Anonymous

• Toddlers don't need to drink milk and they don't need to walk around with sippy cups. They can drink water from a cup or with a straw. I do this all the time with my 14 mo grandson. He has never had milk in his life. Toddlers are supposed to have at most 4-6 ounces of fruit juice a day and never from a sippy cup according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Cow's milk is for baby cows. Human milk is for baby humans. The most servings of milk, including milk products, a toddler is supposed to have a day is 2. Toddlers like so many things with milk it is hard to keep it down to only 2 servings with just the foods they eat. If they get too much milk it can lead to problems including anemia and obesity. They don't have to have any milk or milk products at all. What toddlers, like everyone else, should drink is water.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2009