why do I care?

Why do I care what others think of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• It's human nature, yes, but on the other hand I learned for myself that it was a personal problem. I was co-dependant. I looked for validation form other people. My husband especially. I placed unrealistic expectations on him and others to create "good feeling" inside me of myself. God impressed upon my heart on eday that I only needed to look within to solve my problem with careing what other people think. I had to began to love myself and except that this is who I am. I suggest spending some time alone with yourself. Fall in love with yourself again and you will began to care less a bout what people think. I used a focal point. I found one thing I had the power in my life to change in my life and started working toward that goal to make that positive change, as i began losing the weight I felt better and better about myself. I visualize myself as the independant woman I desired to be and care less what others think each day
    supermomma411

Answer by supermomma411 at 5:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Because as much as you wish you didn't your still human. People know how to push other peoples buttons.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• It's human nature. You might not change who you are, what you do, or how you act because of their opinion, but ever person in some way cares what other thinks. It's human nature to want to please people or appear a certain way. Regardless of what you feel about yourself, you still wonder "Do they think they same way" or "Why do they think that way about me"? It's harmless if you don't let it consume you, but it can become a problem if you let it dictate your life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2009