depo provera shot..

okay I got the depo provera shot in sept, n untill about 3 weeks ago have not had any problems! so 3weeks ago aunt flo came, n wore out her welcome! well now she is gone, but seems to come back after my bf n I have sex...bummer. anyone else have this problem. I talked to my gyno n she said its completely normal. should I discontinue getting shots? help please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Health

• I hated the depo. I lost interest completely in sex. I gained weight and the only good thing is that the effects of it lasted a long time. But otherwise I did not like the after effects.....
    Anonymous

• i was on the shot for over 5 years and i loved it. eventually your *aunt flo* lol will deminish completely. atleast it did for me. It take a bit for your body to be completely adjust to the shot. just give it time but if its really worrying you get a second opinion :) good luck darling
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I've never been on it but based on the research I've seen and what I've heard I would get on it and get on something safer and better.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i never gain weight. but its different with everyone. The one thing i did have a problem is that it decreses your bone density so taking calcium pills or a ladies one a day vitamin is good too :)
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• I had the same experience with Depo as 31angelmommy3
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• after having my son and my daughter im now using the birthcontrol Maraina (lol how ever you spell it) and i love it. The only thing that i am noticing is that my cramps are getting a lil more sever each month... doc said it thins the linning of your uterus but its normal and nothing to worry about
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2009