D&C

I have to go in for a D&C next week. I have 4 polyps... anyway... I wanted to know how painful the recovery is? Should I ask for pain killers? I am a big baby and had to take darvocet after my c-section!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Health

• I had a D&C, I was sick from the stuff they used to put me out. I vomited for a while after I stood up, but pain was not there.
    Anonymous

• Afterwards is not bad, only during, and they will give you something. If all you had to take was darvocet, take another if you feel bad, but once it's over you should be fine. Like I said, the Dr will give you something. Why are you having to wait so long to have a D&C done, I though it was needed to be done soon?
    Anonymous

• OP here :
    They just found the polyps on an ultrasound last week. They told me they were putting me under for the procedure ....
    Anonymous

• I had a d&c following a miscarriage (I was hemmoraging and they couldn't stop it any other way). I was put out for it and really didn't have any physical pain afterward, some cramping, but nothing terrible. But then again I have a fairly high pain threshold, I had an eye removed last week and only took T3's for the first couple days following it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• i had one after a miscarriage. i was also put out for it.. i had minor cramping (less than with a period) and im a pretty big baby too. i had pain meds.. but i took those mainly to sleep because i was an emotional wreck!
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 12:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You'll most likely get painkillers afterwards. I had a similar procedure a few months ago and was given vicodin.
    Anonymous