10 year old going through puberty?

Should my 10 year old step son still co sleep with his mom even though he is too embarassed to tell her he's in the early stages of puberty? At this age is there really any benefit to co sleeping or should he be able to have his own space during this awkward stage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I slept with my parents until nine or ten but stopped when I started growing up. I don't think he should still be sleeping with her.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• yeah, i don't really think he should be co-sleeping with his mom still at such an awkward stage.
    i think that any age about 6 is really starting to push the co-sleeping limit. but thats just my opinion,
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 11:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• IF he doesn't want to still sleep with mom, then he should not be made to do so. He is old enough to tell her that he is NOT sleeping in her bed anymore. Mommy needs to cut the apron strings. If need be, dad needs to have a long chat with mom. If she doesn't stop contact your attorney and let them know what is going on and what can be done about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My son started puberty at ten as well and when he was younger I used to climb in with him in the morning to snuggle before he got up for his shower. I stopped after ten because he began having those dreaded wet dreams and you know...morning stuff. I think co-sleeping at that age can become very embarrassing for him. It's best that he sleep in his own bed to avoid any awkward occurrences.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 28, 2009

• He should have his own space well before now. I am close to my 12 yr old son and used to love cuddling in bed but long ago he was told that growing boys need there own beds and that he was welcome to climb in bed with me for watching movies or tv or just to talk or cuddle. But puberty for boys can be far more embarrassing, especially for morning woods.
    Anonymous

• OP here. So how do we get this into his mom's head? She's moving from her 2 bedroom apartment into a 1 bedroom for the remaining 3 months of her lease. (yes she is this stupid) Before that she was considering renting a room from her sister for the both of them.
    Anonymous