Annoying vs. overly helpful

How do you differentiate these two? I like to go out of my way to help my friends and family, however, I get impressions that I may be annoying instead. I am a grown adult with 3 children, and I am not sure if people just don't want my help or what seems to be the problem. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh Honey, it really has nothing to do with you. It's more of how the other person is feeling at the moment that differentiates the two.... truly...
    Anonymous

• Ask if they want you to help

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2009

• What if the people I help really need my help, but, when I ask if they do, they shut down and say they don't?-(from OP)
    Anonymous

• Another thing, one of my friends won't help me out when I do ask for her help and says if she wanted to help me out she'd say so! So in my case, when I'm the one asking for help, I get chastised! (from op)
    Anonymous