Do you have kids born right around xmas? What do you do for their bdays?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 11:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My birthday is 12/28 and I never felt "cheated" as so many people think. My mom didn't go overboard but she did make sure my birthday was its own event. I liked having the tree and lights up for my birthday too. The best part was...NO SCHOOL! So we could do anything on my birthday!
    Kajon

Answer by Kajon at 12:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My dh's birthday is the 27th of Dec and our ds's birthday is the 4th of Jan.

We still do a cake, birthday presents, etc for my dh. Well, sometimes we do combine it with Christmas and I get him something huge, but in fairness, my birthday is in June and our anniversary is in July, and there are times he does the same with me for those dates, and we're both ok with it :-) But, we still have the Christmas decorations and stuff still up.

For our ds, we usually take our decorations and stuff down over New Yrs, so the house is "back to normal" by his birthday. We do the same sorts of celebrations for it that we would do if it was farther from the holidays - parties, etc.

Though it was pretty cute when he was little, because our dd's birthday is in April, and he would ask us "What Santa was going to bring her for her birthday..."
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My DS's bday is December 30th. this year i am combining his party with his brothers who's bday is November 22nd. But that's not what i usually do. Usually he has a bday party within the first week of January. And DH's bday is January 5th and my nieces bday is January 11th. So far it hasn't been an issue.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:33 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My husbands is the 14th, FIL is the 8th, BIL is the 2nd...and neice's ( who we are planning on getting custody of) is on the23rd ! So I have always wondered too. My DH always says he hated his b-day being close to christmas because his mom and dad ould just let him pick a present from under the tree and make a cake, etc....But When we get custody of his niece, I would still like to do a big party, like I do with my kids...have everyone over -- store bought cake -- presents ( in birthday wrapping paper, not christmas) , etc.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Oh, one thing I remembered so I figured I would come back and mention it - for awhile, my mom was married to a guy whose son was born on Christmas day. So my mom would throw a "half birthday" for him on the 25th of July. That way he could have a special day, too.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My first DD was born Dec 24! She was my special Christmas present! We always have a party for her and separate gifts. I do not allow people to combine Christmas and birthday gifts to get her one big gift--that's unfair. I also do not allow her birthday and Christmas to be celebrated on the same day. This is only a problem with my in-laws, when we get together for Christmas and my MIL tries to give my DD her bday presents on the same day. It just won't happen. She complains sometimes because we may not have a lot of time together to do Christmas and bday, but I take it seriously. If I start allowing stuff like that now, eventually she'll start trying more and more... I don't want my DD to feel jipped.

She loves that her bday is the "day before Jesus' birthday", though. The only time she really doesn't like it is when her cousin gets a pool party for her July bday!
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• The same thing I do for the other three. BUT people donz't show up for her party because of "holiday"things going on. It pisses me off because I'm supposed to show up @ their kids bday parties.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My DS'S bday is 12/14. He is spoiled. So he gets a lot of gifts on his bday and christmas. MIL says It's two diffrent days and needs to be treated like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My dd's birthday is December 3rd and my dh's birthday is December 30th.  It's their special day and we don't let the holidays overshadow that.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• DD's birthday is 12/7 - it's early enough in the month that I can do BIRTHDAY FIRST and Christmas second. No decorations go up until 12/8.
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 7:46 AM on Nov. 27, 2009