Does this ever happen to u??

ok it seems like when im rushing around things happen that I just dont notice..lol like today, I was getting baby out of the car and putting her in her infant carrier (cause she is too big to use it in the car I just use it when I go places sometimes) to see my friend in the hospital cause she had her baby..I was rushing around and this always seems to be when this happens..lol I apparently sliced the knuckle on my right ring finger..like sliced a pretty good peice out...so I didnt even notice it! and were walkin into the hospital and were asking which room shes in when I go to fix my jacket I noticed theres blood on it and im like OMG I thought my daughter was bleeding, so im freaking out then see my hand..lol and theres like blood all over my finger because I was carrying the carrier with that hand so I was basically squeezing the blood out..but omg I didnt even feel any pain or notice I did it...how weird is that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• VERY WEIRD LOL , BUT USUALLY OUR MIND IS JUST WITH OUR KIDS , AND EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE RITE BY US EVERYTHING VERY GOOD , AND WE'RE STILL WORRY LOL , THEREFORE WE DONT NOTICE OTHER THINGS LOL
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• lol, that sort of thing happens to me all the time, I bump into something and don't really think too much about it, other than thinking, "oh, that hurt", then move on and forget about it, or I bang my hand on something or something like that.

Then later I notice that I hurt myself a little more than I thought. My dh is always saying things like "where did you get that bruise on your leg, or cut on your hand", or whatever, and 9 times out of 10, I don't really remember, or, if I do, I'm surprised that it actually left a bruise or drew blood, or whatever.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• wow i thought I was the only one that did this LOL it always happenes to me... I'm such a cluts! LOL
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I do that all the time... I have had atleast 5 times where I have cut something ( usually my hand or finger) and didnt notice until I seen tons of blood on something later....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Yep, I call that "mommy brain!"
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• That's happened to me on numerous occasions. You're not alone :)
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You have Mommy Adrenaline which blocks out most pain when you are rushed, in a frenzy, and/or excited. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:42 AM on Nov. 27, 2009