which birth control .............. ?

i've got the depo shot done , but it supposly lowers your breastmilk supply :( im a bf mom , so thats a negative thing for me . my dr told me the opposite , thats y i got it lol

which birth control is better ?

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Natural family planning, IUD, diaphragm, condoms & foam
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:14 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I'm on Yaz but its for a hormone imbalance and I haven't had any problems with it and before that I was on Yasmin and also no problems I just had to switch cause of the regimen I am suppose to be on, I got a tubal ligation after my daughter, then there are no accidents. I medically can't have more children so I needed to do what was safest for me
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 12:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I like the Nuva Ring
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 1:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I used the Mini Pill when I was breastfeeding. You HAVE to take it at the same time everyday religiously though, and you shouldn't take it if your period has come back. I hated Depo. Made me have periods for 2 weeks at a time, 2 weeks apart. After this baby I am going to get an IUD.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• The only thing I can say is to go with condoms. I got pregnant while using the nuva ring and condoms. (Yes I used the nuva ring correctly) Talk with your doctor and tell him/her everything. Tell the doc what you are concerned about and tell the doc what you expect of your bc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I got pregnant while using condoms, the pill and I used Plan B and I ended up with twins. So I gave up on birth control, I just use condoms and natural family planning.
    BethONeill419

Answer by BethONeill419 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2009