popping jaw

My mom I noticed pops her jaw a lot she clicks it and its sooooo not good for her to be doing that,I'm hoping I can see if anyones experienced this and what you did to stop doing that.?I think if she just massages it for now she should be fine but she needs to quit doing that..Its loud and everyone within ear shot can hear it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Health

• She probably has TMJ. It's fairly common, and often causes clicking. Google it and read about it.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I have this with my jaw. It drives my son nuts but it is something that I have had for years. I have never found anything to stop it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I broke my jaw when I was 21 and it has popped ever since,  There is nothing I can do to stop it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I have TMJ. It helped when my dentist adjusted my bite, but I still don't dare open my mouth very wide or the joint pops. She may want to go to a specialist, or her dentist, for advice and treatment.

Answer by Bmat at 11:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2009