What are your opinions on my soon to be daughters name adelai? ( ad uh lay)

please no mean comments. Just honest truth. Possible ways of changing the spelling but jus in case you don't know how to pronounce it its ad uh lay. thanks .....tell me what you think. thanks !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not a big fan (sorry) but if you really like it go for it. where I live, most people would not know how to pronounce it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• the fact that you already know people wont know how to pronounce it means no, you shouldnt name her that. i've grown up with a name that people cant pronouce, and let me tell you, IT IS SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I knew how to say it, but honestly, and I don't mean this mean, because honestly, I wouldn't comment on it except that you asked, but I think it sounds very old fashioned, and not in a good way. It makes me think of old maiden aunts back in Victorian times.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Oh, here's something that I heard once as a way to sort of test out a name that you might give your child.

You could go somewhere that you don't know people, and introduce yourself by that name, have your dh call you by it, etc, and see what sort of reaction people have. Most polite people won't comment on it, but you can sort of tell by their face what they think of the name...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• My friend just named her DD Addaleigh. I think it's cute.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I like Adeleigh as a spelling.Pretty name.i like those "old school" names!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think its a very pretty name. And I agree with the PPs spelling of it. Its so much less confusing to figure out. Jmo though :)
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I've heard it before. I like it, and it's easy to pronounce.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• nope
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2009