Is you daughter a Princess / son a Prince?

I kow alot of people who say that. I am one of them. I just think it means that they are spoiled & beautiful( which they are) .

So do you call your kids that, what does it mean to you?

Or are you someone who think it is silly to do that, why ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:34 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I call my dd princess for a variety of reasons.
    1. She is a princess, as she is a benefactor of a Christian's inheritance and a daughter of the King of kings.
    2. She is gorgeous.
    3. She is our baby and she knows we loe her more than anything, except each other.
    4. We want her to know that our loe is always there for her.
    5. When her father calls her Princess, she is learning what a man should treat her like--with the love, caring, kindness, courtesy and respect my husband, her daddy, treats her.
    6. She's too cute NOT to call Princess! LOL

Now, she also gets called Monkey Monster when she is being a goofball, so we don't ALWAYS call her Princess!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Of course my daughter is a princess! :)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I would never say that and I would never treat my child that way. When you treat your child like they are a princess/prince they think that is how they are supposed to be treated by everyone. They try to make people treat them that way or are upset when people don't. It's not healthy.

The people who are psychologically healthiest have a combination of the best qualities of being female and of being male. If you are a woman you have the good qualities of being a woman, not the bad, and the good qualities that we attribute to being male. Non-sexist childrearing helps promote kids growing up to have these kind of qualities. Girls get tool kits and boys get dolls to play with. Pink would be out along with calling your daughter a princess.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• no I call my son "my little man" LOL everyone says thats what he looks like and it just kinda stuck
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Oh good grief, our children aren't going to be psychologically damaged because we call them our little princes/princesses or giving them pink toys. Where do you get this stuff, seriously? You talk smack in each and every single post. I guess we shouldn't let our daughters wear dresses or grow their hair long either? Your post is absolutely ridiculous and absurd, but I'm not surprised you are always saying crazy stuff.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• OH and isn't one of your kids a junkie? Your non sexist child rearing did a lot for him .. . . lmao
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I just wanted to add to the gail comment....I was raised as a princess...and yet I am very nice and caring ( not mean/ rude to people) and I am the "handyman" of the house.... I even have my very own pink toolbox filled with real manly tools !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Nope. I have two boys and i never call them "prince" as a nickname or refer to them as a prince when speaking to others. I have lots of other nicknames for them.
    there is a little girl who goes to school with my younger son. Her mom calls her princess all the time and it's a bit annoying. Come to find out, my son does not like the little girl because she is mean.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:43 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I too have two boys my oldes one is nicknamed papa and my youngest one is nicknames baby gorilla, i dunno don't ask lol
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 4:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I call my daughter a princess and treat he like one all the time. And, she really and truely believes she's one. She is not spoiled to the point that she is rude. She's jsut so...so..sweet and I don't have to worry about spills and messes from her. She's a girly...girl. I even wish could introduce her to a real prince when she's older...you know...to make it really happen for her.

Is that too much?

Supermomma411
    supermomma411

Answer by supermomma411 at 5:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2009