toilet training 3 year old

My 3 year old granddaughter, will usually go to the toilet or potty if she is put on it but will not tell you when she needs to go. Anyone got any ideas as to how to encourage her to tell us

Asked by Nana304 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let her run around naked! I am sure she will not enjoy the warm stream of pee running down her leg. The next time she will let you know.

• Reward her with something..We thought my sister with pennies she loves money..Everytime she went she got pennies..She was potty trained in no time..

Answer by TheMiracleBaby at 11:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Rewards a a great motivater we used MM's for my last one and she by the way was tooling around naked also.

Answer by rosetoes at 3:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Go to and type in Free Printable Potty Charts and print some up, then go buy some stickers. Let her know every time she goes Pee Pee she will get ONE sticker and when she goes Poopy she will get TWO stickers! Let her know that at the End of the Week if she does good with the Sticker Chart - for example she does 3 whole days going to the potty out of 7 days - you will take her to get a Prize.

Good Luck! :)

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 12:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I agree that you should either let her run naked or at least be wearing cotton panties, no diapers or pull-ups. Rewards help too, my son loved to get M&M's for using the potty.

Answer by slw123 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008