Should television be censored or should we pay more attention to what our children watch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• As parents we should pay more attention to what our children watch.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• i think we should pay MORE att. to what they watch, BUT it wouldnt hurt if they censored TV a little more . I mean there are so many things on TV now that they def. didnt show when i was a kid
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I love lucy was not allowed to use the word pregnant, The people who were married were not allowed to be shown in bed together. Brady Bunch, Dick Van Dyke shoow etc.. had to be shown in twin beds. Now they can all but be shown having sex.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• As parents then we should pay attention to what our children watch, yes tv has inaapropriate things but what if u liked all horror movies or action movies, and the blood and violence get censored out is not so much fun watchin people...
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 4:46 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Parents should take more resp. I have better over the years with shows and what I feel my kids can handle and not handle-we have some shows and types of movies they are banned on seeing until much older and others not a big deal-in point the whole adam lambert thing-it was here (cafemom) that my oldest watched it, since all of my kids have an 8pm bed time.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 5:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Parents should take more responsibility, and monitor what their kids watch. No one else should have any say, ahem FCC.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 6:12 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I don't believe in censoring TV. They have all sorts of things now that parents can buy to block what their kids watch. It is the parents responsiblity to know what their kids are watching.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:19 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

•    This is such a ridicules question and the answer is nothing but COMMON SENSE!! The NATIONAL NEWS had hours of conversation about Adam Lambert!  He said " I'm not a Babysitter, I'm a performer" And he's RIGHT. Do parents want to take NO responsibility? The American Music Awards should NEVER be watched by a child if parents are on the fence about it. come on now, get real!

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 6:49 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• YES and YES!!!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 7:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Of course we should keep an eye on what our children watch these days.
    For petes sake, what are people thinking these days? In the past few years
    I have seen more smut and gore on TV than ever. I'm all for freedom of speech
    and such but how did it ever come to this? We never saw things we can see today
    in my younger days(and they were much better days) Much of it is disgusting.
    Personally, Adam Lambert never should have won that stupid show and if that is
    the kind of performance people want to see itjust proves my point.
    You are one sick puppy if you would actually turn the TV on to purposely see that smut.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2009