Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

single parent.. passaport chaos...

my daughter carries only my last name... and iam gonna go and try to get her passport.. i heard i in order to get it i need her fathers consent.. but hes not even int he birth cerificate... is that true??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (5)
  • really ? good.............

    Answer by cookie5525 at 6:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

  • For a minor, you have to present a birth certificate. If there's no father on the birth certificate, I can't see how they can require his permission. Call your local passport office and find out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

  • this is a great site to check out! It like you would have to fill out a 'special circumstances' if the other parent is not able to give consent. I would also check with the US embassy in the country you plan to visit for there rules as well.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 12:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

  • shoot forgot the link here it is!


    Answer by But_Mommie at 12:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

  • why does she need a passport

    Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Babies (0-12 months)

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
mild ache??