Should the Navy Seals Be Punished?

Those that have not been following the story...They captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq -- the mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. The ones that were hung on a bridge. The Seals are now facing criminal charges because......Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors (Seals) -- and showed a bloody lip as proof.
The Seals have stood up and hire attorneys.

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 7:20 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A terrorist whom I doubted went "quietly" got a blow to his chopper....and we are in a time of war......interesting.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• No, they shouldn't be punished. In fact, most Americans should know nothing of what the Seals (especially 6), Special Forces, CAG, etc. do or have done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It's horrible for this to even be an issue. I tell you what, McCain was not the guy for America but if he were President no terrorist would be thinking what they think these days. They wouldn't dream of testing us the way they are now and will be in the next 3 yrs. Even if they did, it would be laughed at like it should be.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Now aint that stupid. It's called war.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• If they punched him in the course of seizing him, then no, I do not think they should be punished. If the person was already detained and bound securely where he was no threat, then I don't think they should have hit him, and should be disciplined. However, I do NOT think that they should be facing a civilian court, this should be a military matter. Their Chain of Command is more than capable of investigating the situation and, IF there is any disciplinary action required, handing it out.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Yep I posted about this a few days ago..when I read this I was appalled..how ridiculous will it get? This scumbag is just taking advantage is all and loving every second of it...meanwhile this is the chit our soldiers will have to worry about so I say if this keeps up there will be alot of failures to capture enemies..because they fear capturing them or they will just take them out on sight..and who could blame them.

Hopefully this chit will be dropped..its going over the top now
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Nope not at all, especially since all the Seals say that he was fine when they got him and left him in the room, then they come back to him and he has a bad lip. Um, no.
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 9:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Hell no!
    nomadbrat83

Answer by nomadbrat83 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I am glad these Seals are NOT backing down from the charges.. Kudos to them!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• yeah nerdyma the turd probably punched himself in the lip
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:12 AM on Nov. 27, 2009