How do I get my husband to change????

I love him; he is a great husband and a great dad and works to keep me at home with our children.....that being said, he is LAZY when it comes to the home and helping out. How do I get this grown man to clean up after himself and to help take care of his home and even cut the grass instead of me having to push that old thing around? My dad keeps saying I LET him be this way. He is a grown man, not a child. What am I supposed to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Some people just hire a lawn man and a housekeeper to come once a week or so. Sometimes its less expensive than counseling, and it fixes the problem. Honestly, if this is the only problem you guys have, I would say it's really really fixable. All it's really going to take is some comprimise. GL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Sounds like my husband.
    I dont try and fix him. If I need his help I ask and he eventually does it but its on his time, not mine(which can be annoying).

Im home with the kids and the house, even if its annoying sometimes that he doesnt throw his socks in the hamper or whatnot, its not a marriage breaking deal and I married him like this so I knew it too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• ive had to train my husband. he came from a home where his mommy did everything for him, he thought i was just being transferred the responsibility. he was sadly mistaken. i came from a home where everyone pitched in. it took a couple of years, but now hubby, does laundry, sweeps and vacuums, he works full time, i work part time and take care of our kids when i'm home. we both do our fair share of work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You don't. You can't change people. They have to want to change on their own. Didn't you know this about him when you met him?
    Stop doing certain things, like the lawn care. See how long it takes for him to do it. Or just tell him to start paying someone to do it. Because you are not going to do it any more.
    the house work. I have expected my DH to do any house work, sometime I will tell, yes tell him to take out the trash.

Answer by louise2 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• LMAO, you can't make people change. I'm sure there is plenty about you that he would like to change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• There is no changing anyone, love him like he is faults and all, no one is perfect.

Answer by older at 11:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• well I am of the opinion that you can't change another person, It is not your job and the more you try the more they will do the oposite of what you want. You have to decide if you can live with them the way they are or not ,
    freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 11:49 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• How about hire a Husband    http://www.rentahusband.com/book.htm  Called Rent a Husband

Anonymous

• Change comes from within. You cannot change him he has to want to himself
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 1:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Meant " I do not expect"

Answer by louise2 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2009