Strictly an opinion based question...is abortion acceptable, unacceptable or does it vary based on situation?

How do you feel about abortion?

Do you think it's okay? Are you 100% against it? or do you think it can vary based on the situation? and why do you feel the way you do?

My POV: I think it's situational. I feel like if someone is raped, then it wasn't their choice to conceive...therefore it should be their choice as to whether they follow through with the pregnancy. Although I do wish people would consider adoption in that case, but it's their decision. I am a been appalled when I hear of teenagers getting pregnant by accident and wanting to abort because they don't want to screw up their future...if you are mature enough to have sex then you are mature enough to suffer the consequences. I personally would never abort for any reason. I got pregnant 7 weeks after having my daughter and I was very young and not doing the best financially but I made it work and both of my kids are happy and healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• to me it depends on the situation. rape or incest , but a grown woman who doenst take care of herself to me thats just wrong, abortion is not a form of birth control.my sisters were teen moms 16 and 17 and abortions never cross their minds.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I only think abortion is okay if a woman has a medical reason like ectopic pregnancy. Although I don't think that's refered to as having an abortion, but that's what it is because the mom and baby would die anyway. I believe that a human life has the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness just as anyone of us do and it shouldn't be our choice to decide whether or not it lives or dies. Human life is human life period. and killing a human life is murder.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• i dont believe in abortion at all, no matter the situation. i was in a situation where i really shouldnt have been pregnant and i was advised to abort, but i refused and now my kid is a teenager and cant imagine my life without her, i love that kid sooo much. thats my personal choice and dont look down on people that do have them, i may not agree but i dont put down either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• To me, If a women want to abort, she can abort. There is know certain situations to it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think mostly it's a case-by-case decision. I'm okay with abortion, as I was molested and made pregnant when i was a very young girl. It was the right decision for me. And that's what it really comes down to. The decision for the person who's life it will impact the most. As far as your comment on teens being mature enough to have sex, they should be mature enough for the consequences. That's really not a good way to look at it. Usually these "mistakes" are made because they are WAY too immature to understand the impact of sex....it's not merely a bodily function.

EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• It's the woman's choice. I don't think it should be used as birth control, but I'm not here to judge, it's not my decision. If it were my decision, there are very few circumstances in which I would abort, but since it's not, I'm not going to go into it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:03 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Unacceptable and I'm bout 99% against it. I don't think that killing an unborn baby should be a choice, and I think it's inhumane. I've always thought this way, and most likely always will.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Definitely a case by case decision. It kills me that there are ladies out there that can get pregnant on the drop of a dime and selfishly abort the pregnancy without understandable reasoning. 7 months into my pregnancy my first born baby girl passed away. Her ambilical kinked at the base of her little belly, cutting off her life line. My hubby and i did everything right. We BOTH started eating right, we exercised together, took breastfeeding classes...etc the list goes on. And to receive the news that your baby girl doesn't have a heartbeat...it was life changing and heartbreaking. With that said it makes me sick that my angel girl was taken from me and there are ladies out there who can play and then just throw there innocent gift away. :(

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I believe it's the woman's choice. But this woman (myself) would never ever think of having an abortion for any reason.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• 100% pro-choice. It is not my right to say what another woman can or cannot do with her body.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2009