What would you do?

I'm at my wits end. I stayed at home with our son till he was 5. I went back to work fulltime while my husband lost his job. We both went back to work for a period, now he is still unemployed.

My problem is he spends his time at home chatting to someone on the phone or online. I have asked them not to call, but its excessive..2-5 times a DAY. It is a woman. Before you think of it, its not like that. I don't think they are flirting etc. I know they aren't. My husband doesn't see how I have an issue with this. She says he is her bestfriend.

I was thinking of today (since this has been going on for over a year) send her a mail asking her to call 1-2 times a week. Give her 1 week to do this and if she can't let her know her numbers will be blocked from calling our house.

I don't have an issue because she is female. My issue is the frequency. She even calls during dinner time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• She's not your problem, your husband is. You shouldn't go to outside people and tell them how to live. Your issue is within your home, and that's where the correction or understanding needs to be. Explain in detail to your husband what your issue is with this. Is he doing everything at home that he should be doing? Child care, chores, looking for jobs, ect? If so, then why would this be an issue. If he's being a lame ass and laying around while talking on the phone, then it needs to be addressed.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I think your issue should be that he's talking to her instead of finding a job. Tell him that you don't want her calling when your home if it bothers you that much. Tell him you feel disrepescted. Otherwise, if it's just he talks to her alot while your at work you are having other issues and you need to face them instead of covering them up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I tihnk you need to open your eyes to what is going on. Their relationship is inappropriate whethere or not there is anything going on because he is married TO YOU. Your husband is not doing the right thing. He needs to find a job and quit talking to this woman. End of story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• She needs to find someone else as her best friend, not your husband. It can lead to problems. He needs to be your best friend not her's. She can't grow as a person if she keeps leaning on him. He's not helping her by being her crutch in life. She needs to learn to deal with life on her own.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2009