How do they do it? Pa question?

How does two non working parents with no job have two kids under 4 years old and the mom is pregnant again and both parents are unemployed. My guess is my taxed are hard at work,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• My guess is you know how babys are made so you know how its done!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• What would a good alternative be?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Why do you care? Maybe they were pregnant BEFORE the unemployment hit. Should those people abort the baby instead of using PA ? Should the family starve? You do NOT know the entire situation to be commenting on someone else. This is definately a case of MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. There are very few jobs out there for people to get, especially at this time of year. Those people also paid taxes when they were working and if they want to use PA to help them out, that is ok and it is NOT your business or concern. Instead of putting people down, try having some empathy and thinking about what you would do in the same situation. Would you want people to put you down, talk badly about you or HELP you?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• sounds like my cousin.She had a son a year ago,had him removed from her care for neglect(he didn't gain an ounce from 6 mo. on,he weighs 14 lbs!),and she's pregnant again! She lives with whoever will take her in,my family,friends,the baby daddy's family.she's currently with her mom.She flat out refuses to work,and her mom backs her on it(he is unemployed also)Her mom says she can work when the kids are 18.So,i guess she'll have her 1st job at 39! That mess is a soap opera in the making!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• I only answer these questions about PA because I think people are soo petty about this and i need to tell them so------HOW RUDE----MAYBE THERE BIRTH CONTROL FAILED, I AM SURE IT WAS NOT PLANNED----EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THAT PA IS NOT LUXURIOUS LIFESTYLE. EVERYONE IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR TAX MONEY GOING FOR PA I WOULD RATHER HELP OTHERS INCLUDING THE DEADBEAT FATHERS OF MY CHILDREN ON PA THEN IT GO FOR THE WAR AND AID TO OTHER CONTRIES
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• Sounds like my husband's best friends, except they only have 2. Oh, wait, he's retired at age 30 with a solid bank account, funded college accounts, and lives off dividends. However, people ASSume things because they live modestly, in a 3 bedroom house with 2 old clunkers. Why? Priorities! And no, his parents aren't rich. He started several businesses and made out like a bandit. Paid his own way through college. Hard work up front, relaxing later. His net worth is probably several million, but they don't show it. You don't get rich by living fancy.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• What if pigs could fly?? Come on ladies, you know what OP was asking so stop with all of these outlandish examples... I believe she is asking if 3 kids in 4 years for a family that is struggling financially to the point where the government needs to step in and support them is a good idea. We all know there are exceptions, but be real. When used properly birth control has a very high success rate. As adults we owe it to ourselves, our children and society as a whole to not continue to have children we can not afford. It is in no ones best interest to continue to have children if you can not afford the ones you have. PA is a temporary fix for those that need it and when used that way "most" people have no problem with it. I would guess OP is someone who is struggling financially, just making it without help and finds it frustrating to see people using it as a lifestyle choice.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• You'll be alright, OP..You are aware that less than 1% of your tax dollars goes to PA, right?
    Anonymous

• Who cares what the % is.....it is still money going to someone that does not deserve it in this case!
    Anonymous

• wildboyz, does she KNOW they are on pa? People assume my friends are, because they live frugally.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2009